On Paper We Do Have Enough – Part 7
Now it’s time to put your work, to work. With your bill-pay cheat sheet in hand, you can begin your transformation to successful bill pay. Before you had nothing to follow [no map], but now you have a plan for your bills.
Go get your list in hand and treat it as if it is the best idea you’ve ever come up with for your life. One warning I’d like to make before you begin using your bill-pay cheat list, don’t try to play catch-up or make a bill payment without having your plan [cheat sheet] in hand. This will surely spell disaster for you, but of course that’s normal [common] and what most are accustomed to. Back to the best idea you’ve come up with. This is now your plan, one you’ve created. That means it’s custom made just for you and your situation. It also means it’s only good for you and thusly can only be changed and implemented by you [and your significant other if you have one].
Let’s get to it:
- Take out your list. Each time a payday hits, it’s time to take out your bill-pay cheat sheet. Before any money moves, take out your bill-pay cheat sheet and begin to pay what’s listed for the designated pay-date.
- Pay what’s listed. Go down the list until all items for that particular day have been paid. When you check off these items, you will have a great sense of accomplishment. Here’s why?
- You put a plan you created in place.
- You have paid all the bills you need to pay at this particular time. A burden has just been lifted from your shoulders [as the saying goes]. You no longer have a need to stress what got paid and what didn’t. In these few days [payday] every financial obligation is covered.
- Decide what to do next. The whole idea of having a bill-pay cheat sheet is to get you to the point of having a plan for paying your bills. It was my way to trick you into planning. Because it works so well, you’re now ready for more. Now that you have the bills paid, what’s your plan for what’s left over? Make a plan.
Today is Friday!
I’d like to congratulate you, you’ve completed a process that very few have or ever will. You’re now in a league of your own. Welcome to the concept of making your life your business [having a plan for every area]. Don’t stop here. Continue with us [at kerryaclark.com] on how to take more steps that have the ability to make your life what you wish to make of it. We hope you’ve enjoyed “On Paper We Do Have Enough”.
Question: What questions are you having with implementing your bill-pay cheat sheet? Leave a comment below.